Here I Stand: Stories that Speak for Freedom

31342103
By: Tony Birch, John Boyne, Sita Brahmachari, Kevin Brooks, Kate Charlesworth, Sarah Crossan, Neil Gaiman, Jack Gantos, Ryan Gattis, Matt Haig, Frances Hardinge, Jackie Kay, AL Kennedy, Liz Kessler, Elizabeth Laird, Amy Leon, Sabrina Mahfouz, Chelsea Manning, Chibundu Onuzo, Bali Rai, Chris Riddell, Mary and Bryan Talbot, Christie Watson and Tim Wynne-Jones.

Location: FIC HER

Genre:- Stories that speak for Freedom

I am going to India in a week and there is so much there that deny peoples journey into freedom. One of the biggest issues with oppression is the theft of people rights to make basic choices.  Can I go where I want ? Can I choose to vote?  Can I marry who I love? Can I work where I want? Can I go to school? Some people dont have choices, they are bound by the shame of enforced decisions...
I hope the work we do allows people to have choices, to make free decisions...

This book has a  selection of the world's finest writers for young people – in conjunction with Amnesty International UK – explore the rights and freedoms still lacking in today's society, covering issues such as gender equality, race hatred, surveillance, identity and freedom of speech. 
Through a series of twenty-five short stories, poems, and even a few comic strips, written by well known and renown authors, you are given different insights into how human rights are being trampled on, not only by other individuals, but by some communities as a whole.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts