It Only Happens In The Movies

By: Holly Bourne
Location: FIC BOU
Image result for 9781474921329Genre: Romance

“The only love affair I needed to invest in right now was one with myself. Spend some time with me. Figuring out myself and why I picked the relationships I did. I was holding out my heart to me. Because I'd realised I was the only person who could give me a happily-ever-after.” 

Audrey is over romance. Since her parents' relationship imploded her mother's been catatonic, so she takes a cinema job to get out of the house. But there she meets wannabe film-maker Harry. Nobody expects Audrey and Harry to fall in love as hard and fast as they do. But that doesn't mean things are easy. Because real love isn't like the movies...

The greatest love story ever told doesn't feature kissing in the snow or racing to airports. It features pain and confusion and hope and wonder and a ban on cheesy clichés. Oh, and zombies... YA star Holly Bourne tackles real love in this hugely funny and poignant novel.


"Holly Bourne has a fantastic sense of humour that clearly manifests in her characters. There are so many laugh out loud moments and wonderful gems of quotes and passages that I would love to share but I think it's best to happily stumble upon them as you read this book for yourself. Watch out for the John Green TFiOS reference though...hilariously savage AF!!


A highly entertaining read that I would recommend to fans of contemporary YA and to fans of general adult fiction too. This is a book that definitely crosses the age divide with no problems whatsoever." EMER 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts