The Electric Kingdom

 By: David Arnold 

Location: FIC ARN

Genre: Dystopia, Sci Fi, Fiction, Fantasy, apocolyptic


A genre-smashing story of survival, hope and love amid a ravaged earth.

A deadly flu has swept the globe, leaving a shell of the world that once was. Among the survivors are eighteen-year-old Nico and her dog, who are on a journey devised by Nico’s father to find a mythical portal; a young artist named Kit, who knows almost nothing of the world outside the old abandoned cinema he was raised in; and and the enigmatic Deliverer, who lives Life after Life in an attempt to put the world back together.


Justin Reynolds: LEMME BE REAL: this book MADE ME FEEL THE THINGS I love most in stories: afraid, seen, devastated, buoyed, & tbh wholly envious I didn't write it 1st, haha. This story is about connectedness and the resilience of even the most broken of people. This story is humanity at its most earnest, at its most vulnerable, at its most hopeful. I loved it


"I’m pretty sure that the author knows more about this world than we do because every time I read a book by him; I am so mind blown that it takes me days to even figure out what I read. I mean that all in a good way. The Electric Kingdom was honestly spectacular and by the end I was in tears. Even though this was quite dark and set in a near future it was full of messages that will have me thinking about this book for a long time. The world may seem dark and bitter, but finding the beauty, love, and the meaning to life is what matters. If this wasn’t already on your radar, I hope it is now." Review by Angela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts