Seraphina

By: Rachel Hartman
Genre: Fantasy
Location: FIC HAR

"Beautifully written. Some of the the most interesting dragons I've read in fantasy. I can't wait to see what Rachel Hartman writes next" Christopher Paolini.

I have just re-read the Hobbit, and it has hooked me into dragon stories, Smaug has almost an endearing evil smugness about him, I want to like him, so I am looking for a story that makes me cheer for the dragon come good. This story has a plot that reminds me of The Hobbit. A royal prince brutally murdered, a talented court musician who harbours deep secrets, investigations that led to darker plots, fantastical gifts and kingdom fighting battles. You almost expect Gandalf to appear puffing his rings of smoke, with a trail of hobbits and dwarfs behind him. The cover is great and wouldn't you believe it, it has a gazing intense eye on it, looking at you, now where have I seen that before...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts