Daemon and Freedom

By: Daniel Suarez
Location: FIC SUA
Genre: Internet Fiction- Techno Thriller

Already an underground sensation, a high-tech thriller for the wireless age that explores the unthinkable consequences of a computer program running without human control—a daemon—designed to dismantle society and bring about a new world order.


What does technology do in my day today- it is 90% of my working day, all my communication, it manages my finances,  it is my news provider, my music supplier, my evening entertainment tonight, my connection with my family. I will email, snapchat, twitter, facebook, I will be online banking, booking accommodation in Ghana, and filling out an online visa for India. I even rely on it for the lights and heating I use in my home and the gas I use in my cooking.
I am connected and I rely on it- it controls me.

I like my fellow beings are totally reliant on our connectability. What if someone had the power to unplug me, or even more vitally- the ability to disconnect our entire corporate, financial and governmental systems using a daemon- 

 When a designer of computer games dies, he leaves behind a program that unravels the Internet's interconnected world. It corrupts, kills, and runs independent of human control. It's up to Detective Peter Sebeck to wrest the world from the malevolent virtual enemy before its ultimate purpose is realized: to destroy civilization. The Daemon secures a growing stranglehold on the world's most precious commodity: information. And once you control information itself, how easy would it be to remake the world? It is up to an unlikely alliance - a computer illiterate detective and a white-hat hacker with secrets of his own - to challenge the monster that Sobol unleashed from beyond the grave. But before they can confront the Daemon they must discover what it wants...
What Daemon does is mix suspense, action and technology into a story that is rich with heroes, villains and a surprisingly plausible plot about a computer script taking over world corporations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts