Since You've Been Gone

By: Morgan Matson
Location: FIC MAT
Genre: Youth Fiction- nice chick lit

18.700 ratings on Goodreads.com with a ranking of 4.18 stars- that is pretty darn good- so why?

I think because it is real, there are no major dramas, no suicides, no bigs angst's- just real teenage life that is connectable and relate-able.
I love how these students reviewed this book

Five stars isn't enough for this book! Can I give it seven or eight? From the very first chapter I was sucked in. I was curious about what happened to Sloane, and how Emily was going to complete this list. I immediately fell in love with these characters. Emily is the best female protagonist I've ever read. She's not annoying, she's brave, and she undergoes major character development. I can relate to her so much. It was comforting to see a character that was so similar to me, yet different as well. I also enjoyed our other characters: Sloane, Dawn, Collins, Beckett. Oh and of course Frank Porter. I need a Frank Porter.
The development of the relationships was perfect as well. It took time for each character to become comfortable around each other, and I found that to be very realistic. Morgan Matson wrote such a cute story without it being overly done or cringe-y. I don't think I have any criticism about this book. It was just perfect!
 - Alyssa


The development of the characters just left me speechless. I love how Morgan Matson develops her characters, slowly through each chapter but surely by the end of the book.

I loved how Emily interacted with her fears and her insecurity and I love how she found out how to be herself without depending on other people to do it for her.

The friendship was definitely my most favorite part of it. It made me cry so much, half from happiness and half from overwhelming sadness and I loved the mystery of her situation and I love how it was explained and I just lOVED EVERYTHING BASICALLY.

I also immensely enjoy that Morgan Matson always weaves in the presence of Family into her books that most authors surprisingly, in contemporary fiction, don't because yes authors, parents do exist and they are an important factor in any person's development.

EVERYONE READ THIS BECAUSE MORGAN MATSON IS LIKE QUEEN OF CONTEMPORARY. HER BOOKS HAVE SO MUCH DEPTH I CANT HANDLE IT -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts