Nightmares & Dreamscapes

By: Stephen King
Location: FIC KIN
Genre: Horror

“When I was a kid I believed everything I was told, everything I read, and every dispatch sent out by my own overheated imagination. This made for more than a few sleepless nights, but it also filled the world I lived in with colors and textures I would not have traded for a lifetime of restful nights.” 
― Stephen KingNightmares And Dreamscapes


A review by CMT  325 from Goodreads.com because there is no way i am going to even open the cover of this book- I like to sleep

"The thing I love about this book is that in most of the short stories, there is no reason for the events to occur- they just DO. And what a frightening concept that is. There is no reason that a man looks down his sink to see a finger sticking out, a finger that continues to grow in size and soon attacks him. There is no reason for dead rock and roll legends to congregate in a town in the middle of nowhere, trap living victims, and force them to listen to concerts that sometimes go for "a year or more"- but only last one night. It doesn't make logical sense that it would rain toads once every seven years-but it happens. Far fetched -yes - but so many things we accept as ordinary may seem a little odd when we really think about it.

The stories are all very different from each other, and mature readers are sure to find some they love, and some they could skip right over (I personally always skip the one about the pretty ponies). Either way, it's an exciting read ... especially around Halloween!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts