I am Thunder and I Wont Keep Quiet!

Image result for I am thunder and I won't keep quiet bookBy: Muhammad Khan
Location: FIC KHA
Genre: Everything- Romance, War, Rascism, Religion, Family


I loved The Hate U Give. It made me mad, today I read about a 15 year old boy who was shot by the police and killed. He was running AWAY!
This book will press the same buttons for me!

A stunning new YA voice which questions how far you'll go to protect what you believe in.

“I wrote Muzna’s story for you. Muslim or non-Muslim? It doesn’t matter to me. It shouldn’t matter to you. You are thunder. Don’t keep quiet.”

“These terrorists are the antithesis of Islam. They’re not Muslim. Violence has no place in religion, and the terrorists are responsible for their own crimes, not the religion and not us.”   

Fifteen-year-old Muzna Saleem, who dreams of being a writer, struggles with controlling parents who only care about her studying to be a doctor. Forced to move to a new school in South London after her best friend is shamed in a scandal, Muzna realizes that the bullies will follow her wherever she goes. But deciding to stand and face them instead of fighting her instinct to disappear is harder than it looks when there's prejudice everywhere you turn. Until the gorgeous and confident Arif shows an interest in her, encouraging Muzna to explore her freedom. 
But Arif is hiding his own secrets and, along with his brother Jameel, he begins to influence Muzna with their extreme view of the world. As her new freedom starts to disappear, Muzna is forced to question everything around her and make a terrible choice - keep quiet and betray herself, or speak out and betray her heart?


"I Am Thunder deals with radicalisation so well. Because as you go along with Muzna’s story, there are little warning signs here and there, but it’s only towards the end of the book that you actually realise how far things have gone. It was so subtle, and so easy to get caught up in if you were actually living it. It was  terrifying.
"- Kate, Goodreads.com


The book manages to squeeze in a lot of topics including racism, radicalization, living in a multi-ethnic multi-faith society, open dialogue between teenagers and their parents, and doing the right thing. I am Thunder is my top read of 2018. It will be tough to top.-Usman 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts