I Hold Your Heart

By: Karen Gregory
Location: FIC GRE
Genre: Teen Romance, Abuse, Control

I did some training with  with the Stop Domestic Violence Campaign #itsnotok  and I think the thing I learned the most was domestic abuse is not just physical violence, it is the mental abuse, the control, the stopping of letting other live free and bold.
As I learned this I heard more and more stories of partners who are manipulated, controlled and managed so they simply cannot live, breathe, walk or be. It is WRONG.
This book deals with these issues based in a teen romance setting, but it applies to us all!

The tense, tender must-read book of the summer - perfect for fans of Louise O'Neill and Sara Barnard

'You make me feel like there's something good in the world I can hold on to,' Aaron says. He kisses me again, draws me so close it's almost hard to breathe. 'I love you, Gem. And I promise I'll hold your heart forever.'

When Gemma meets Aaron, she feels truly seen for the first time. Their love story is the intense kind. The written-in-the-stars, excluding-all-others kind. The kind you write songs about.

But little by little their relationship takes over Gemma's life. What happens when being seen becomes being watched, and care becomes control?

"A great read for YA readers that helps educate about abusive relationships. Tightly paced and quickly read, it’s certainly worth a look." Ellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts