All American Boys

 By: Jason Reynolds

Location: FIC REY

Genre: Social Justice, Race, Contemporary

Books save lives. And they change hearts and minds. This will be one of those books- Beth


I am not the same person that I was when I started this book. Thank you Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely, for reminding me why I read and the propensity with which books can change us, make us alter our lenses we use to view the world and our privilege, and touch our souls- Joce

I just wanted him to stop beating me. I just wanted to live.

After a violent act that leaves their community and, ultimately, the country divided, Rashad and Quinn - one Black, one White - face the truth that racism and prejudice are all around us. And there's a future at stake, a future where no one will have deal with police brutality. They just have to risk everything they've ever known to speak out.


With evocative black and white illustrations from Akhran Girmay.

A powerful social commentary, relevant and deeply moving. This book has the power to open eyes, to invoke empathy, to initiate essential conversations, to aid with understanding, to encourage change. Rich with authenticity and narrative voice, All American Boys is a must read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts