Feed

By: Mira Grant
Location: FIC GRA
Genre: Zombies
Series: #1  Newsflesh

 Zombies- why, someone tell me why???
I am forever scarred by my sons zombie plans and now I cant help it-  I dream a few up myself- like the new cycling velodrome in Cambridge would be a great refuge. My boys have made me weird!
This is a zombie book but it has redeeming features-  it's more of a novel about journalism, the right to information and free speech, and the personal and political ramifications of a wide-spreading disease. This book has zombies in it, but to call it a zombie or horror novel does it a disservice. There are some awesome action sequences, but no gratuitous feeding scenes, screaming teenagers, or B-horror movie cliches or gore.

The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives - the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will get out, even if it kills them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts