The New Zealand Cycle Trails- Nga Haerenga

By: Jonathan Kennett
Location: NF 796.6 KEN
Genre: On ya bike- go explore

On my computer wall paper is a photo that I took on one of these trails. I bought this book for our own use at home and have pawed through it- that is not a spelling mistake either! We have studied this book and we have done it.  Being on your bike and cycling through our wonderful nation is one of my greatest pleasures- and I am so thankful that now we have trails that are not mountain bikers delights but peddle pushers like me who want to bike in our land and not attempt to kill yourself while you do. I did the Alps to Ocean over summer with my daughter, probably the best and most beautiful holiday of my life, I adored it. Then we did the Timber Trail, first day was hard out for me, my hubby cruised it, the second day was awesome.
This book was our information guru on both trips, from the distances, grades, places to eat, sleep and rest and now we have a list of the ones we plan to do next. The Rimutaka Incline is first and then the Great Taste Trail in Nelson and then the West Coast Wilderness and of course closer to home the Mountains to the Sea and then there is........ I just need a decent bike! Here are a couple of my photo's.... ahh to be back there now, snow and all on a sunny day, how awesome would that be!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts