Back again. Reading vs reality.

Welcolm to Term Two of blogging for Cambridge High. Hope those of you who have been following this blog have also had a good holiday as I have had I managed to read a few good books over the break which was great, but what was even better was a tramp I did around the beautiful Lake Waikaremoana.  I think it is great to have the freedom and time to be able to indulge in reading, many people around the world cannot do this, either because they are not literate, cannot access books, or have to work all day every day to provide food for the family. We in the West take for granted that we can read, we should not. My muse though is that to be able to read we need writers. To write- you need to understand your world, to discover it, journey in it, be in it. Writers need experiences, they need perspectives of life. Good writers are explorers of their worlds. That is what I did when I walked around the lake for four days, I explored a natural beauty, I pushed my body to its limits, I ate food cooked on a gas cooker, I stumbled in mud, I gazed apon beauty and as I did in my head- I wrote.
Don't be stuck as a reader, go also and explore your world and become the writer as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts