The little coffee shop of Kabul


By: Deborah Roderiguez
Genre: Cultral novle
Location: FIC ROD
I was sitting in Perth airport with 6 hours to kill. Believe me- that is what you have to do in Perth International Airport!! So I found this gem of a book- and read it around Tanzania and then gave it as a gift to a friend. I liked it so much- I got the library a copy. It is about a community of people who live in Kabul and gather around a cafe, it tells the stories of Kabul's inhabitants, including the powerful story of a young girl who was stolen from a remote village and was abandoned on the violent streets of Kabul. Five women, five stories and the best book on a plane I have ever read!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts