Gerrard

By: Steve Gerrard
Location: NF 920 GER
Genre: Sport autobiography

Steve Gerrard- one of the greatest footballers ever to have graced the pitch, Liverpool stalwart, English captain. His book tells his story, and it tells of his motivation. Wikipedia writes it this way
The autobiography ends with "I play for Jon-Paul." Gerrard's cousin, Jon-Paul Gilhooley, was killed in the 1989 Hillsborough Tragedy, when Gerrard was eight. Jon-Paul, who was 10 when he died, was the youngest of the 96 victims of the tragedy.[It was difficult knowing one of your cousins had lost his life", Gerrard said. "Seeing his family's reaction drove me on to become the player I am today.

Steve Gerrard to me, seems a good bloke, a family man, a true role model, loyal as he is talented. I think this story is one I will happily recommend to our boys at Cambridge High to help them to aspire to be good men and excellent sportsmen. In case you want to see what this man can do- here is a YouTube of his top 10 goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts