A Second Wind and You Changed my Life

By: Phillippe Pozzo di Borgo and Abdel Sellou
Location- NF 920 BOR and NF 920 SEL
Genre: The Intouchables

I loved the movie "Intouchables" the question is why do I always watch these kinds of movies on a flight, I feel kind of compelled to hide my emotions in a tube full of 250 people. I watched Finding Neverland on a flight and was a sobbing blubbering mess, but I always pick the deep ones for flights.
This is a great story and I have intentionally bought both books- written by the two men- so we can enter both minds, both worlds.
It is about an unlikely friendship between an unemployed Algerian immigrant and a Count. Abdel and Phillippe. It is about two worlds colliding and instead of judgement, and suspicion, there grows understanding and trust. It is about living, living with plenty, living with little. It is about the marginalised- someone who is disabled and "untouchable" and another who is a scam artist, a petty thief an unwanted immigrant. Two men, both with a sense of somehow not belonging, that journey together to enable each man to belong to their worlds again. It is a story of mutual redemption.
If only this story, in its micro form, could be outstretched and extended into communities, into countries, into our worlds family, where we put aside our labels. get over our stigma's and get on with living, caring and being the difference we want to see in the world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts