Life of Pi- the DVD


As you know we have a great DVD collection in the library, it is for students use to make sure that they can access all they need for the "Connections" for NCEA. I therefore need to watch these DVDs so I can recommend them- actually that is an excuse, I just want to watch them. This weekend with the miserable rain, the sick body and my lethargic mentality I had a good time sprawled out on my comfy chair, my warm blankie and the DVD remote control, The Life of Pi was my first viewing.
So what did I think, well I knew it won 4 Oscars, and I know the book is good. I have been to India a few times so I was expecting to love the scenes shot there, and I did, made me smile! I found the boat sequences predictable, the storms, the calm, the ship wreck, the sharks but the relationship between David Parker and Pi was compelling. The monologues were great, yet I had the feeling that I was being asked more of myself than I wanted to give, it is evangelical in a way that was disturbing.
I cried- I always do, I chuckled, and I pondered, so I guess David Parker and Pi did its thing, but why did it make me still feel hollow somehow?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts