Witchborn

Image result for 9781911077251By: Nicholas Bowling
Location: FIC BOW
Genre: Fantasy Historical Fiction

Alternative History!!!

Mary Queen of Scots, Elizabeth the First,and Witchcraft- what a combo and oh my- what a cover!!!!!

It's 1577. Queen Elizabeth I has imprisoned scheming Mary Queen of Scots, and Alyce's mother is burned at the stake for witchcraft. Alyce kills the witchfinder and flees to London - but the chase isn't over yet. As she discovers her own dark magic, powerful political forces are on her trail. She can't help but wonder: why is she so important? Soon she finds herself deep in a secret battle between rival queens, the fate of England resting on her shoulders...

"I do love a bit of history, and I do love witches and magic, so of course I had to read this! I still wasn't entirely sure what to expect going in to the book, the back of the proof had a certain amount of information but not too much and I found myself being pleasantly surprised as I was reading!

The opening was both heart wrenching and slightly thrilling as you could feel the danger of the situation and it set the tone for the rest of the book. The writing was brilliant, and the book in general was fantastically authentic. There was a lot of historical detail, and it was vividly written. The London of 1577 came to life around me, and I was pulled right in to the story. The intrigue helped too as I was determined to try and put everything together and I wanted to know how it all fit.

Witchborn was fast paced, and the intrigue kept me hooked! It was well written too and I kind of want a sequel to be honest, but at the same time...it ended well and was a fun alternate history that was kind of believable if I'm honest! Alisha- Goodreads.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts