Bloodleaf

By: Crystal Smith
Image result for bloodleaf crystalLocation: FIC SMI
Genre: Fantasy 

The cover art......

 "A phantasmagorical wonder that will keep you guessing until the very last page" Laura Sebastian

Princess Aurelia is a prisoner to her crown and the heir that nobody wants. Surrounded by spirits and banned from using her blood-magic, Aurelia flees her country after a devastating assassination attempt. To escape her fate, Aurelia disguises herself as a commoner in a new land and discovers a happiness her crown has never allowed. As she forges new bonds and perfects her magic, she begins to fall for a man who is forbidden to rule beside her. But the ghosts that haunt Aurelia refuse to abandon her, and she finds herself succumbing to their call as they expose a nefarious plot that only she can defeat. Will she be forced to choose between the weight of the crown and the freedom of her new life?

"Rating-5/5 Stars
Usually cover sucker me into making me want to read the synopsis and want to read a book. This is what Bloodleaf did. Plus, it has royalty in it and fantasy in it, so totally what I love. 
Aurelia is a Princess and she is supposed to marry a Prince from a different land, but she doesn’t want to. However, people in her country are killed if they are blood mages, which is her biggest secret. 
One night her secret comes out and she must flee with her brother and a few trusted people. However, things go awry. Aurelia is forced to escape and use a different name in a foreign country, which is the country of her betrothed’s. While in Achleva, the foreign country, she meets some interesting people who she is to help break a spell and to stop a wall from coming down. Through this journey of seeing a different life, a different country, and living with different people, she develops friendships and love. 
Can we just take a second to admire this cover? Anyway, I devoured this book and could not put it down. In fact, I really want the sequel now because I cannot get this story out of my head. I tried reading this book at any chance I got. The magic system of blood was executed well and is a system I have not seen before. I love Aurelia’s and Zan’s character developments as well as the plot twists, which one of them made me gasp. And that plot twist that made me gasp was the last chapter I was reading before bed a few nights ago, so I was super bummed I had to go to bed at a reasonable time to wake up refreshed for work." Kayla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts