Disclaimer

By: Renee Knight
Location: FIC KNI
Genre: Psychological Thriller 


"I loved this atmospheric, beautifully written novel, a real page turner and an intriguing and often twisty plot with some terrifically well drawn characters."  Liz

“It is extraordinary how much strength anger gives one.” 
― Renée KnightDisclaimer


Catherine and Stephen have a good life and stable marriage, but all that is about to change. Their son Nicholas has recently moved out and although he hasn’t achieved all they hoped, he seems stable and happy in his work. It’s then that Catherine reads a book which mysteriously appears on the bedside of their new home. The book disclaimer has a neat red line through it ‘Any resemblance to persons living or dead….’ Catherine only appreciates the significance of this as she reads on!

Catherine finds that she is the main character in the book and that it reveals a secret that she thought only she could now know. This is where it begins and we are off on a rollercoaster of a ride as Catherine’s world falls apart. I loved this psychological thriller as it played with my head as the story unfolded. I was never sure whose side I was on and not quite sure where my sympathy’s lay. 

I found the plot was well written and the story kept me hooked right to the end of the book. Disclaimer is a damn good thriller which I can thoroughly recommend says David

“He cried, and she cried too but their tears were travelling in parallel lines. It was too late. They should have cried together years ago.” 
― Renée KnightDisclaimer



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts