The Road to Winter

By: Mark Smith
Location: FIC SMI
Genre: "It's the end of the world as we know it...", Post-Apocalyptic 

Full confession: I am a big fan of anything post-apocalyptic. I've read everything I can in this genre, right from Mary Shelley's 'The Last Man' (the first P-A novel) to all of the modern beauties.

So.... of course I really liked this novel! This is the first in a new series and the protagonist reminds me of Carl from 'The Walking Dead' but SO much less annoying. Finn is 16 (he thinks) and has a faithful companion in his dog Rowdy. They are set up in a wonderful area of Australia where they have food, water, and gas.

They have been keeping to themselves and being careful. Then.... motorbikes, Wilders, and crazy people appear. Finn saves a girl who is being chased by the Wilders... what happens next changes everything.

I'm excited about Book 2!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts