Rose Under Fire

By: Elizabeth Wein
Location: FIC WEI
Genre: War and Poetry!

“Five years of destruction and mayhem, lives lost everywhere, shortages of food and fuel and clothing - and the insane mind behind it just urges us all on and on to more destruction. And we all keep playing.”

'Hope is the most treacherous thing in the world. It lifts you and lets you plummet. But as long as you're being lifted, you don't worry about plummeting."


I like to write, I find writing  something that allows my being to figure out what I am, and what I think and what I am discovering. It kind of settles me, and discovers me. When I travel to places where I see stories in front of me, stories that hurt, stories I cant control- then it is writing that helps me make sense, or forever not make sense of what i feel and observe. Writing are the glasses into my soul.
If I had to go to war- it would be the power of writing that would help me unravel the journey enforced on me. Rose had to go to war, and she had to stop writing! That is a double killer!
While flying an Allied fighter plane from Paris to England, American ATA pilot and amateur poet, Rose Justice, is captured by the Nazis and sent to Ravensbrück, the notorious women's concentration camp. Trapped in horrific circumstances, Rose finds hope in the impossible through the loyalty, bravery and friendship of her fellow prisoners. But will that be enough to endure the fate that’s in store for her?
Elizabeth Wein, author of Code Name Verity, delivers another stunning WWII thriller. The unforgettable story of Rose Justice is forged from heart-wrenching courage, resolve, and the slim, bright chance of survival.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

A Disaster in Three Acts

Where's Wally