Timekeeper

Image result for 9781510726604By: Tara Sim
Location: FIC SIM
Genre: Steampunk/Fantasy/LGBGT
Series: Timekeeper#1

"What a beautiful, lovely wonderfully unique story Tara Sim has given us! I fell in love with Danny, our melancholy clocktower mechanic and the mysterious, bright, delightful clock spirit he discovers. With a thrilling pace, kisses as magical as sunsets, and a world that is sooty and brilliant and unique"- Kelly

The first book in a dazzling new steampunk-fantasy trilogy, Timekeeper introduces a magical world of mythology and innovation that readers will never want to leave.

I was in an accident. I got out. I'm safe now." An alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers, where a damaged clock can fracture time--and a destroyed one can stop it completely.

A prodigy mechanic who can repair not only clockwork, but time itself, determined to rescue his father from a Stopped town.A series of mysterious bombings that could jeopardize all of England.
A boy who would give anything to relive his past, and one who would give anything to live at all.

A romance that will shake the very foundations of time.

"It's set in an alternate reality England, so there is tea and scones. Nice. I cautiously admit I could tell the author wasn't British, but at the same time it wasn't GLARINGLY obviously  so I still got the old Victorian vibe quite nicely. Plus tea.

Also CLOCKS?! I LOVE CLOCKS. I'm actually kind of obsessed with time so (yes I'm the person who knows when it's 2:32 because that is a huge difference to 2:30, of course, you mulberry) and the fact that there were clock spirits, so basically TIME PERSONIFIED INTO ADORABLE CINNAMON TRAGIC ROLLS just so won me over. Tragic ghosts/spirit characters are my thing. Darlings that need protection."
Cait- Goodreads.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts