If you find me

By: Emily Murdoch
Location: MUR
Genre: Family, sisters and survival

This book is about abuse, the abuse and neglect of children, and the scars and the pain that neglect causes. It is about my Mum, it is about my foster brother.
It is about the depth of a sisters love and protection, it is about physical survival in a world with no amenities, it is about watching and living with drug abuse and mental illness, it is about courage and mostly it is about the ability to stand, continue, fight, live and adjust. It is a book of hope, a book of  redemption.
The author who herself has suffered herself from a
childhood of abuse  wrote this in a blog

For children of all ages:
I’m doing this for you, because you count. You are precious. I realize I’d be dishonoring Carey and all of you if I didn’t speak up. And I’d be dishonoring myself.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Is it scary? You bet. But what’s the alternative? Even scarier, believe me.
If you are being hurt, find a trusted adult, one that DOESN’T hurt, and TELL.
The truth really does set you free.
People WILL help you. Good people. To quote Melissa from If You Find Me, “Good things come to those who let them in. All you have to do is take a chance.”
You’re a one-of-a-kind original. The world needs you desperately.
In parting, I leave you with this:
“What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?”
~ John Green, An Abundance of Katherines
Be remarkable! And even better? Pass it on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts