Magonia

By: Maria Dahvana Headley
Location: FIC HEA
Genre: Fantasy

Look at the cover!  It is pure art !

"Neil Gaiman's Stardust meets John Green's The Fault in Our Stars in a story about a girl caught between two worlds . . . two races . . . and two destinies."

"elegant, magical and absolutely captivating"

"I am lost of words to describe how magical, astonishing, beautiful and original this book was. I mean, I can say Magonia is beautiful but it is more than that. It is like all my favorite things are in one place and I am glued to the ground, seeing and feeling them. It's like I am releasing bright lights that made me glowing.
The first time I saw that cover, I knew in myself that a great reading experience is coming on my way. And I wasn't wrong. Magonia may not be a perfect book but it took me to a wonderful place, a wonderful journey. And for me it is one of the books that gave me the feeling how fun, enjoyable and euphoric reading is"  Neil

Aza Ray has been sick ever since she was young. The doctors cannot determine what cause of her sickness is and all they know is that she is allergic to air. Aza knows that there is no cure to her disease and accepts the fact that she is dying. Her trouble breathing has prevented her from living a normal teenage life but her family, and her best friend Jason try to make the most out of the situation. After a chain of events, Aza is torn away from bother her family and Jason and wakes up in a new world known as Magonia. In Magonia, Aza is no longer sick; she finds that she is not only strong but also belongs to a powerful bird race.


The setting of this book is extraordinary; try to imagine flying ships, pulled by creatures that look like something out of The NeverEnding Story, and operated by race of bird species who slightly resemble humans. Oh and make sure to throw in some piracy and warfare. Somehow, Maria manages to beautifully weave together unusual concepts and the end result is a magical and breathtaking story that reads like a fairytale.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts