The Teenage Guide To Friends

Image result for 9781406369779By: Nicola Morgan
Location: NF 302.34 MOR
Genre:  Relationships- real stuff 

Making friends, keeping friends, peer pressure, those toxic people that just hurt and gossip- how do we handle them?
How do we handle the garbage of social media, it many ways it disempowers us so much and then why am I so different to my mates, am I weird or do I just have a different personality?
Sitting in the library I watch and see all these issues unfold before me,  thankful that I am past this stage but aching because I remember how it feels.
This book will be so helpful, Nicola Morgan is an established expert on the teenage brain and adolescent stress, known for her engaging, clear style. It is written for teenagers but essential for adults who want to understand -  it tackles the all-important subject of teen friendships. Contents include a section on making friends, keeping friendships strong, and what happens when they break down - as well as a look at online friendships, cyber-bullying, toxic friendships and frenemies, and empathy.

There is also a section on personality types - introverts and extroverts - and quizzes to help you discover what sort of person you are, how you relate to others and how to deal with difficult situations.

Complete with a list of helpful resources in the back, this book will be a go to for helping everyone to understand how friendships work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts