Never Fall Down

By: Patricia McCormick
Location: FIC McC
Genre: Real Life Drama- Cambodia

You know the question- if you could have someone at your table for a meal and a chat who would they be? Mine I think could look like this-  Mother Theresa, Mahatma Gandhi and Desmond Tutu- and I also think Princess Di, Bono and my Great Great Grandfather- T.W.Adams. India and South Africa feature which I guess is obvious I hang out a bit in those places. T.W Adams was a pioneer in Canterbury, he came from near Cambridge in Britain and came to New Zealand as a young man in 1862. He is the man with the mana in my whakapapa.
Anyway this book is endorsed by Desmond Tutu - he said " One of the most inspiring and powerful books Ive ever read". So it was a must purchase.
It is about The Killing Fields of Pol Pott and the Khmer Rouge, it is about being made to be a child soldier. " Over and over I tell myself one thing: Never Fall Down!
It is about a child of war who became a man of peace and his name is Arn Chorn-Pond, and it is true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts