Yellow


By: Megan Jacobson
Location: FIC JAC
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Fantasy, Paranormal


Do not define me by my gender or my socio-economic status, Noah Willis. Do not tell me who I am and do not tell me who society thinks I am and then put me in that box and expect me to stay there. Because, I swear to God, I will climb the hell out of that box and I will take that box you've just put me in and I will use that box to smash your face in until you're nothing more than a freckly, bloodied pulp. You got that, sweet cheeks?” 
― Megan JacobsonYellow



If fourteen-year-old Kirra is having a mid-life crisis now, then it doesn't bode well for her life expectancy. Her so-called friends bully her, whatever semblance of a mother she had has been drowned at the bottom of a gin bottle ever since her dad left them for another woman, and now a teenage ghost is speaking to her through a broken phone booth. Kirra and the ghost make a pact. She'll prove who murdered him almost twenty years ago if he does three things for her. He makes her popular, he gets her parents back together, and he doesn't haunt her. Things aren't so simple however, and Kirra realises that people can be haunted in more ways than one.



This is one heck of a quote... Mrs Featonby and Miss Bichan- what do you think of this???

“If you guys want us to get better marks, then please don't have debates in parliament about school funding, don't schedule after-school lessons. Just show us the people who've left this town and have made something of their lives, because I can't imagine anything outside of this town. I can't imagine their lives. All I've ever been shown, in my fourteen years of living here, is that good grades equal spit balls. Please show me why I should try. Please show me what's possible. Please show me something else.” 
― Megan JacobsonYellow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's Wally

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

A Disaster in Three Acts