Monday, September 10, 2012

Everything Left Unsaid

By: Jessica Davidson
Location: FIC DAV
Genre: Sad!!

Why do I read these books at the end of the day and why when I read them do I get visitors. I was reading the end of this book,  and overwhelmed by where this story was heading, I started to get to the teary eyed stage, it developed into the runny nose phase and then as the tears started to stream a Year 13 students walks in- she understands, offers me lollies and leaves me to wallow. At this point the emotion takes control as I empathise, I have seen this story, I have seen a teenager battle a brain tumour, I have watched the journey of friends, family and the battler, this journey is never fun, and now I am reading about it, too fresh. Sobbing- into the office walks the IT manager..... all he asks is "do you have enough tissues"

2 comments:

  1. relieved you did have enough tissues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thanks!! Your support and empathy is overwhelming, and it got worse after you left!!

    ReplyDelete