The Time Keeper

By: Mitch Albom
Location: FIC ALB
Genre: A parable

“What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know.”Saint Augustine

This book is a Mitch Albom classic-  Ancient Father Time collides with the 21st century .

This story starts by unfolding the myth of Father Time into a real man. The first man to measure time, to create devices to analyse time and therefore to try and control time. His punishment is harsh, he is sentenced to a timeless state as the world pains around him, crying tears that time has created. Father Time hears the tears and he feels them, for he too loved and lost. His mission is to use time to save, to rescue and to redeem. He collides with two people who in our constructed world of time frames and boundaries are rushing, one to die, and the other to live immortally.
If Father Time succeeds in his mission, maybe his own journey can be redeemed and time will no longer hold and grasp him with a forceful power.
This book is a stunner, and oh so revealing, it really makes me crave the passages of time in worlds where people matter more! Think I will chuck my watch and phone away this weekend and just BE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

A Disaster in Three Acts

Where's Wally