Food Safari

By: Maeve O'Maera
Location: NF 641.5 OME
Genre: Cooking and food and the world!

I love food, I love foreign food, I adore curry and make it regularly. The best thing about Travel is the food, even though I am recuperating from a bout of a nasty little bug, who is my friend, that I picked up in India! It was worth it- YES those Momos were worth it!!!
This book has recipes from Croatia, Sri Lanka, Persia, Lebanon, India ( goody!!) and Africa. I am pleased it has African recipes as I go there a lot and as yet have only fallen in love with their fruit- their food is not a big hit for me yet. This book tells me that Ghana has a recipe called Shitto! Must order that when I go there next! "Can I have Shitto please". Jollof Rice is good though .
This book has lots of culture in it as well, and great proverbs.
"Don't entrust money to a man with a flat stomach"
" The best curries are cooked in old pots".
It also outlines the history and development of national dishes. Actually I am in love with this book and might just steal it and it will be forever "overdue".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts