The Serpent's Shadow

By: Rick Riordan
Locationl; FIC RIO
Genre: Fantasy

This is the final, thrilling instalment of the Kane Chronicles Trilogy!!!
Carter and Sadie Kane, descendants of the magical house of life, are in pretty big trouble.
Apophis- the giant Snake of Chaos is still threatening to plunge the world into eternal darkness- now the Kanes must defeat Apophis himself- but the magic to defeat him has been lost for a millennia- will they find the shadow or will they be led to death in the forever underworlds...


Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this final installment of the Kane Chronicles. It was definitely better than The Throne of Fire (the 2nd book), but it's been a while since I read The Red Pyramid, so I can't honestly say if this was the best of the three, though I think it may have been. While I had trouble with the narration switches (back and forth between Sadie and Carter) in the first book, I found that it was not an issue in this book. It gives Mr. Riordan the ability to allow the reader to view two concurrent events without losing the 1st person perspective that gives this series so much of its character.

    I not only enjoyed the return of those characters we love from the previous novels, I also enjoyed the addition of many of the new. The addition of Setne added a layer of tension and suspense. The "ankle-biters" added humor and lightness to a rather dark novel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

A Disaster in Three Acts

Where's Wally